Sunday 30 March 2014

'Should I still Go Ahead with my Wedding Knowing very well I'll soon be Jobless?'






What would you do if you were in Richard's shoes? He shared his true life story online:

Hello my fellow Nigerians, please I need your advice. am confused. I have been dating my fiancee for almost 3 yrs she is 25 & 4 months old and we've done introduction. we love each other but sometimes have mostly little misunderstanding over money. we've fixed our Trad dis April 2014.



I work as an engineer as contract staff in a Chinese company. I have been taking care of my fiancee by giving her love and monthly allowance between 17k and 20k and give her other treats & gift girls like. Though she works and earns about 45k a month & stingy. Around Dec

2013 my company lost a huge five years contract and has since been laying off their workers and am lucky cos my project still have till latest oct 2014, before anything.



I notified my fiancee about this development & told her that we need to adjust, because of situations and i cannot sustain how much i use to give before. But i noticed that each time i gave her like 7k or 5K, her face is always cold & she grudgingly say thank you . when I look at her and ask her what d problem was, she will reply me politically, sometime she says " whatever it your money" and I will just comport myself just to avoid quarrel. I just take it as a lesson and sign. Though I understand that ladies need money to buy lots of things & take good care of themselves!



I called her around Dec 2013 that we should push the trad to Dec 2014. after much arguments she agreed, but her family & parents declined.



I have had info from a top management staff of my company that they will lay off if no projects. A lot of colleagues on different projects had been laid off.



The truth of the matter is that my job is not sure, I don't know if I should go ahead with the trad, in hope that they might renew the contract; though I'm seriously searching for another job and I have some savings that can cater for small accommodation and traditional marriage.

But I'm confused. Should I go ahead with the traditional marriage, while still pursuing to get another job? Mature advice please.





via lailasblog

No comments:

Post a Comment